Weka Pass Horse Treks caters for a variety of ages, from beginners to advanced riders. The one-hour and two-hour sight-seeing treks with elevated views are the main attraction of this riding centre as the scenery is magnificent. Riding lessons are also available for beginners and upwards, in an arena or paddock situation, including jumping and hunting preparation if required. At this stage the riding centre can cater for up to groups of 10 at a time.
INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW
- You will need to wear comfortable full length trousers.
- Riding boots or sturdy shoes (preferably with a heel). Safety stirrups are on all saddles.
- If you are taking a camera, it will need to be small enough to fit in the saddle blanket pocket.
- For safety reasons backpacks or bags are not permitted to be carried by clients while on horses.
- Cancellation of bookings must be at least 24 hours in advance to obtain refund.
- Booked rides are subject to suitable weather conditions.
- A waiver of liability form must be signed on arrival and all people enter the property and ride at their own risk.
- The trek option is walking only but the option is available on completion of the trek to trot or canter the horses under the guidance of the instructor/guide.
- Riding helmets (standards approved) will be available along with safety stirrups on all saddlery. A selection of riding boots are also available.
- Rider weight limit is 120kg.